Due to continued business expansion, VCI Consultancy Ltd have an exciting opportunity for a Consultant Engineer.
With over 40 years in operation, VCI are the market leaders in Condition Monitoring and Investigation services to the marine industry in particular. The governance within the marine sector allows the same quality services to be delivered to land based clients in a multitude of different industries.
VCI’s Consultant Engineer’s provide high level technical support services to land based and marine clients worldwide in the including but not limited to the following key areas:
- Vibration Analysis – Rotating plant and structural vibration analysis including envelope, demodulation and stresswave data analysis
- Thermal Imaging – Electrical and Mechanical application for ongoing Condition Monitoring programmes, machinery investigations, energy loss surveys etc.
- Noise Surveys – In line with necessary guidelines providing support to land and marine clients
- Oil Analysis – Using the in-house ISO accredited oil laboratory the Consultant will have responsibility for the collection of oil samples from critical assets liaising with the laboratory and the client to utilise this data to give the necessary asset condition information
- Technical Training – As an Approved Training Organisation (ATO) for the BINDT VCI Consultant’s have the responsibility to deliver training in all aspects of Condition Based Maintenance technology application in line with company and industry standards.
- Reliability Consultancy – Working with land and marine based clients to develop solution to aid in reliability improvements and maintenance strategy developments using industry techniques e.g. RCM, TPM etc.
- Home based working setup with requirements for periodic visits to VCI office locations in Liverpool and Rotherham, UK
- Worldwide service provision on customer sites and marine vessels
- Majority lone working with team working as governed by client requirements
- Collect and analyse all available CBM technology data in-line with the required standards
- Analysis of data collected by trained client operatives
- Produce clear, concise and accurate written reports within existing reporting formats combining information from all available CBM technologies to provide the best indication of asset condition
- Review database content and highlight areas for improvement e.g. names, points, analysis parameter sets, additional data collection points to improve fault detection, bearing and gear information etc.
- Drive standards in data collection by recognising bad collection indicators in the data e.g. ski slopes, data fluctuations, missing data etc.
- Liaise with the customer on any urgent faults or where additional information or testing is required
- Provision of face to face, telephone and email technical and training support to piers and clients
- Recognise business opportunities for additional products or service e.g. laser alignment services, fan balancing services, additional testing to aid fault confirmation etc.
Essential – A clear communicator with a can-do attitude who has the drive, commitment and passion to continuously improve the quality of service
Essential – Prepared to work across the globe as per business and client requirements
Essential – Able to proficiently use Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat PDF writer
Preferable – Experienced in the use of CBM hardware and software from:
- UE Systems
Preferable – Marine experience at a deck or engineering level (Please note full awareness training and handover will be provided)
Preferable – Experience of presentation material development delivery, train the trainer etc.
Qualifications & Prerequisites:
- Mechanical or Electrical Industry recognised qualification
- Recognised and accredited Vibration Analysis qualification desirable but not essential as a longer term training plan will be developed
- Recognised and accredited Thermal Imaging qualification desirable but not essential as a longer term training plan will be developed
- No restrictions to work in the UK or abroad
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Preferable UK residency
- Competitive salary will be dependent on experience and qualifications
- Bonus scheme for servicing contracts outside of the UK
- 20 days holiday per year + statutory UK holidays
- Company mobile telephone
- Laptop computer
- Fully expensed company van
- Company credit card and expenses account
- Minimum annual appraisal schedule
- Company pension scheme (Opt in or out)
- Private Health insurance (applicable after 1 year of continuous service)
Please apply in writing or by email:
VCI Consultancy Ltd, Suite 115, St Andrews Business Centre, 91/93 St Marys Road, Garston, Liverpool L19 2NL